You are here

Cuban attraction
Museums

The Museum of Colonial Art in Havana is situated in one of the most outstanding buildings surrounding the Plaza de la Catedral in Old Havana.

The long history of occupation of this building starts in 1622 and over a century later, in 1726 it became a possession of its major owner: Lt. Col. Luis Chacon. After several misguided restoration process the bulding was reopened as a museum in 1969.

The ground floor of the museum has four exhibition halls (three permanent and one temporary) that regularly organize exhibitions related to the main theme of the museum (Colonial art).

At the top floor it houses the most important rooms in the institution job
profile. In one side it shows collections such as furniture and Cuban glassware, which are specialties of this museum. At the other side it has Chambers Rooms, following the life and customs of the colonial society, especially the bourgeois sector, as this class undoubtedly had the possibilities and resources to appreciate the manifestation of the applied arts.

Telephone: 
+53 7 8626440
Location: 
Calle San Ignacio 61 e / Calle Empedrado y Calle O'Reilly, Plaza de la Catedral, La Habana Vieja
Openning Hours: 
Daily 9:00 to 18:30
Admission and other fees: 

Visit without guide service 2 CUC
Visit with guide service 3 CUC.
Camera 2 CUC

In Discovering Cuba?: 
It's not a relevant attraction
Map:

View Truly Cuba in a larger map